Consistently audiences rate her highly and go away energized and excited to tackle their business dreams, and always wanting more. She continues to be one of the most valuable resources I have found for small business!
Laura Girty, event organizer, Oklahoma
Becky’s down-to-earth style and mastery of social media were warmly received by our clients at our annual symposium. It didn’t end there. Since spending time with us, Becky continued her online conversation with us, and Norfolk County continues to benefit from her generosity, expertise and wisdom.
Clark Hoskin, event organizer, Ontario
Becky is a very polished yet completely natural speaker, and that resonates with her audience. She was a star of our event, and a huge reason why it was so successful.
Mack Collier, event organizer, Alabama
Becky McCray understands community and seamlessly becomes a part of any audience she encounters. More than just a speaker, Becky is a valued partner and an asset to me as an event organizer.
Cheryl Lawson, event organizer, Oklahoma
I want to go out and change the world after listening to a mere 12 minutes of Becky McCray
Victoria Hirschberg, Tennessee
Audience optimism showed a 16.77% increase after Becky McCray’s presentation.
Big Ideas for Small Towns event, North Dakota
A month later, and people are still quoting you on a daily basis.
Joe Crawford, event organizer, Kentucky
The feedback from your presentation was 100 % positive as many said we saved the best for last.
Cody Cox, event organizer, Oklahoma
We have had so many great comments about your solution-focused presentation. It is what small towns need to hear to become excited about their work. I forwarded a good recommendation to [another conference] regarding you and Deb today.
Paula Jensen, event organizer, South Dakota
Most informative and interesting session of the conference.
Participant from Oklahoma
Bringing Becky was a stroke of genius
Participant from Oregon
Becky McCray totally rocked it and the ideas were doable and fabulous! I came home all fired up and giddy!!
Katy Kassian, North Dakota
That @BeckyMcCray knows her stuff. Our @amaokc surveys indicate she was EXTREMELY well received!
Kevin Jessop, event organizer, Oklahoma
Great classes with @beckymccray, you got the wheels in my brain turning all the way home.
Vicki Conley, Colorado
Note: standing room only for @BeckyMcCray
Daryl Phillips, Tennessee
The keynote speaker was so down to earth. Even her dialogue was down to earth and to the point. She sounded very educated and special. Lots of speakers throw around big phrases, but she fits in anyplace. She could sit down and have a conversation with anyone anywhere.
Corene Vaughn, North Dakota
Thanks Becky for your AWESOME presentation Thursday! The Board really enjoyed it! Later in the meeting and now days after, there have been many conversations about how their communities are doing things now and how they could expand.
Jennifer Miller, event organizer, Oklahoma
Lots of great ideas for small rural towns and small business owners who just want to try something out or expand their businesses. It’s so much about building a community and telling the stories about what works. Great presenter who is obviously passionate and genuine about what she does, and embodies economic development in her everyday work.
Kathleen Code, British Columbia, Canada
Always enjoy hearing what @BeckyMcCray has to say. #smtulsa keynote #4 and she never fails to impress.
Carlos Moreno, Oklahoma
Great empowering, invigorating opening keynote from @BeckyMcCray!
Eric T. Tung, Texas
@beckymccray lives what she preaches and you can tell. Excellent stuff
Josh Ploch, Oklahoma
I am SO feeling this concept of the small town biz traits, it directly speaks to concepts of globalized business! I can dig it.
Contessa Gibson, Illinois
I have had the good fortune to hear Becky McCray speak at several events over the past couple of years and I am always left with my brain feeling a little too big for my head. That’s how much knowledge and wisdom she packs into her presentation! The thing is, she delivers it in such a down home, common sense way that you feel like a lot of what she’s saying was already inside you… somewhere. It just got lost through the hustle and bustle of everyday life. When a person’s message resonates with you this well, you know it’s the real deal.
Brian Blake, Oklahoma
Great presentation with eye-opening opportunity I didn’t know was there.
Audience member, Oregon
Outstanding speaker. Very helpful way to think about econ dev for small towns.
Audience member, Oklahoma
One of the best webinars I’ve attended on business.
Lillian Lake, online
Outstanding guided brainstorming session today with Becky McCray. She got the entire room to start thinking about working together, sharing our passions and supporting local businesses. Everyone left with a list of things they could go back to work with and install right away. By the end of the week, I saw businesses changing their marketing, starting to work together, cooperating with the local paper, and a few new people starting to work with the Chamber.
Deb Brown, event organizer, Iowa
I have a sneaking suspicion that you could talk about anything and make it seem interesting.
Derrick Parkhurst, event organizer, Oklahoma
“When EF Hutton speaks, people listen.” That is Becky McCray when it comes to her impact on small business and small town America. Her knowledgeable background in development and community leadership positions, coupled with her dedicated years as an entrepreneur and business owner in small town USA, gives her the credibility and connection to her audience. Becky talks the talk, but she also walks the walk.
Jim Blankenship, Tennessee
When she speaks, you can see the light bulbs going on in the audience as they collectively nod their heads.
Cheryl Lawson, event organizer, Oklahoma
Initially not interested, but the presenter and material changed my mind. Excellent information.
Audience member, Oregon
Thanks so much for your presentation yesterday in Burnet! The take-aways were concrete with the ability to put them into practice as soon as I arrived home. Thanks again – I hope I get the opportunity to hear you again!
Attendee from Eden, Texas
Enjoyed the webinar yesterday. Fantastic job on your end. Great way of communicating with simplicity and clarity.
Ben Boykin, Georgia
Very positive! Very rural! Very well presented!
Teri Myers, Oregon
No one knows small towns better than @beckymccray!
Leslie McLellan, California
Let me know what you need, through the contact form.
Or, see where I’ve been on the Appearances page.
Scroll on down for…
Print media, TV and radio, books, and academic research citations
More Media Appearances
Because of my unusual focus on rural business, you’ll find quotes and mentions of me in 6 books, countless blogs, magazines, and academic research. It’s not just the US; mentions come from Romania, the Netherlands, Ireland, Belgium, the UK, Canada and Australia.
- Entrepreneur Magazine – How Twitter is Revolutionizing Business
- Entrepreneur Magazine – Time-Management Tips from Serial Entrepreneurs
- Inc.com – Scaling Fast? How to Keep Your Company’s Core Values
- Inc.com – Business Tips from Small-Town USA
- CNBC – Rural Main Street On Its Way Up
- BusinessWeek – Shop Local: Authenticity as a Key Holiday Promotion
- US News – Entrepreneurs in a Twitter About Social Networking Sites
- The New York Times – Marketing Small Businesses with Twitter
- High Plains Journal – Conference shares small-town ideas in 10 minutes and 140 characters or less
- The Fence Post (nationwide agricultural newspaper) – Rangeviews: Website aims at helping small business with features, tips
- BusinessWoman Magazine – Mentoring in the Workplace
- The Week – What rural businesses are doing to survive — and thrive
- Retail Minded Magazine – Small Town Retailer? Keeping customers local and satisfied
- Downtown Idea Exchange – Downtown organizations can help merchants remain competitive (PDF)
- Downtown Idea Exchange – Nineteen things you can do with a roofless building (PDF)
- Rural Telecom Magazine – Small but Strong: Strategies for Business Success in Rural America
- Niche Magazine – Web Watch (PNG)
- Illinois Country Living magazine – Six Innovative Rural Business Models
- Dakotafire magazine – Rural change-makers connect at first RuralX
- Dakotafire magazine – Collaborative marketing creates local holiday shopping destinations
- APA STaR: American Planning Association, Small Town and Rural Planning – Sorry I didn’t read your “rural is dying” article (PDF)
International small town and big city newspaper mentions:
Don Dorrigo and Guy Fawkes Advocate, (Dorrigo, New South Wales, Australia) – Why Local Businesses Matter – front page (JPG) (Last newspaper in Australia set with lead type!)
- Herald and News (Klamath Falls, Oregon) – Small Town Advantages
- Citizen Voice and Times (Estill County, Kentucky) – #EstillRising: Taking it to the Streets – print version JPG
- Simcoe Reformer (Ontario, Canada) – Rural areas have a future: expert
- Elliot Lake Standard (Ontario, Canada)- Small towns have a future, says symposium’s keynote speaker
- Minot Daily News (ND) – Small town story: Tourism Session Shows How to Market Without Much Money
- Daily Freeman-Journal (Webster City, Iowa) – National speaker to lead discussion in Webster City – print version JPG
- Daily Freeman-Journal (Webster City, Iowa) – Brainstorming session: Author, blogger McCray visits with area business and industry leaders
- The Neepawa Banner (Manitoba, Canada) – My perspective – Changing tides
- Grand Forks Herald (North Dakota) – Community Connect Forum set for Saturday in Cavalier
- The Austin American-Statesman – SXSW Panel: What We Can Learn from Small Town Entrepreneurs
- The Daily Oklahoman – Oklahoma’s rural entrepreneurs learn best way to survive
- The Daily Oklahoman – Confluence conference returns to Oklahoma City for digital creativity professionals
- The Daily Oklahoman – Seek global success with ‘Small Town Rules’ JPG
- Wichita Business Journal – Twitter Tips from a Small Business Social Media Guru
- Wichita Business Jounral – Big-City Twitter Event Coming To Small-Town Kansas
- Tulsa World – State’s small business conference finds large audience
- Washington Post – Your Talent on a Card
- Bismarck Tribune (ND) – Free webinar open to small town business owners
- Lexington Herald (KY) – Public Relations: Experts write, suggest insightful reads
- Cape Cod Times – Lessons in customer service
- Middletown Transcript (DE) – Shop local: Consider Main Street when buying holiday presents
- The Jamestown Sun (ND) – Webinar on rural marketing set for Jan. 12
- The Orange County Register (CA) – Do ‘buy local’ campaigns work?
- The Willoughby News-Herald (OH) – Fairport Harbor pushes to fill vacant storefronts
- Peninsula Daily News (OR) – Rural prosperity conference set Nov. 15
- Alva Review-Courier (OK) – Alva author’s book wins 2013 Small Business Book Award – JPG – (My hometown paper!)
International columns and series:
Other places I’ve shared my writing regularly.
US News and World Reports – Small Business Outside Voices
- SmallBusiness.com – small business series
- Small Biz Trends by Anita Campbell – Rural Small Business Trends series
- Intuit Small Business Blog – social media series
- Agurban by Jack Schultz, Agracel, Inc. – rural business stories
- Owner Magazine – small business series
- Small Biz Pod UK – Small Business Letter From America
- Tourism Currents – Social Media Training for Tourism and Hospitality series
- My Venture Pad – small business series
- Alltop – listed in rural, small business, and frienderati
- MySpace Small Business News
- Visa Business Network – small business series
- The Flesherton, Ontario, Canada – rural business series
- SouthEast Kansas Business Journal (print)
- The Miltonvale Record, Miltonvale, Kansas (print)
- Pagosa Daily Post, Pagosa Springs, Colorado – author page
Broadcast TV mentions and interviews:
- Top 5 Twitter Feeds, MSNBC Your Business
- Becky McCray – Social Networking, OklahomaHorizonTV
- Small Biz Trending, MSNBC Your Business
- Rural Sourcing with Becky McCray, OklahomaHorizonTV
- 140 Character Tweets on Twitter, OklahomaHorizonTV
- Main Street, Prairie Public Radio, North Dakota
- Colorado Matters, Colorado Public Radio
- Dakota Midday, South Dakota Public Radio
- Insight on Business the News Hour (KRNT radio), Des Moines, with Micheal Libbe
- Jiggy Jaguar Radio, (syndicated), with James Lowe
- Cody Talks Live Radio (KSKU radio), Hutchinson, Kansas, with Cody Heitschmidt
Online Media Interviews and Mentions:
American Express Open Forum – 7 “Small Town” Rules for Doing Business on a Human Scale by Matthew E. May
- American Express Open Forum – Local Rules: How to Boost Holiday Sales By Barry Moltz
- NFIB – How to Determine Product Markup
- NFIB – How to Build Advertising Budgets in Rural Communities
- Daily Yonder – Speak Your Piece: Title II and You by Edyael Casaperalta
- Forbes – Black Friday Is Not Just For Big Box Stores – Check Out Little Boxes In Portland by T.J. McCue
- Ragan.com – 10 Social Media Lessons in Being Human By Heidi Cohen
- Beyond the Rows – What Can Farmers & Small Towns Gain Through Social Media? By Janice Person
- Farm Bureau‘s Rural Community Building – Top 9 Rural Small Business Trends for 2012 By Sabrina Matteson
- Points of Light Institute – How do Rural and Urban Communities Affect Volunteer Trends?
- University of North Dakota Area Voices – Next UND University-Community Forum To Be April 25 In Cavalier, N.D.
- Washington State University – Rural Pathways to Prosperity Conference – Successes: 2013
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s Free Enterprise – Don’t Stop Believing in Your Small Business Values
- InformationWeek – 10+ Twitter Users Every SMB Should Follow
- InformationWeek – named an InformationWeek Influencer
- Business Insider – Small Town Rules for Big Success in Business
- Robert K. Greenleaf Center for Servant Leadership – Small Towns, Big Impact: A conversation with liquor store operator, rancher and blogger Becky McCray
- Small Biz Daily – Small is Beautiful: Review of Small Town Rules
- InStoreMag – Business Tips from Small-town, USA
- The Street – 3 Things You Should Know About Small Business
- NewsOK – Oklahoma entrepreneur’s book offers tips for global success with ‘Small Town Rules’
- NewsOK – Oklahoma music, film communities to be represented this week at Austin’s South by Southwest Festival
- NewsOK – Online innovation going strong in state
- Small Biz Technology – Five Business Technology Books to Help Your Small Business Grow
- Small Biz Technology – Book Review: Small Town Rules. Practical Lessons for Small Businesses To Do Big Things
- Small Business Trends – NFIB Hosts Live Chat To Help Small Businesses Take Advantage Of The Holiday Season
- Small Business Trends – Small Town Rules for Big Success in Business
- Small Business Trends – What to Do If Your Business Is Suddenly in a Bad Neighborhood
- Small Business Trends – How to Create Fiercely Loyal Customers Close to You
- Small Business Trends – 46 Small Business Facebook Pages to Follow
- Business2Community – What Can You Learn From a Small Town?
- Business2Community – 7 Enterprise Brand Lessons from Small Business Entrepreneurs
- My Mother Lode – Rural Jobs Creation Strategies Webinar
- Accounting.com – Small Business Entrepreneur Support
- Tourism Currents – Small town tourism challenges? Survey says…
- Travel Market Report – Lessons in Creativity, Resourcefulness, from Small Town U.S.A.
- Travel Market Report – For Online Success, Connect with Clients One on One
- Dex Media – This Week’s Trending Marketing Insights and Tips
- Community Development Society – Vanguard, January 2012 issue
- ChrisD.ca (Canada) – Changing Tides of the Small Town Retail Landscape
- Neighborhood Life – A Neighborhood Improvements Journal – Promoting Buy-Local – Part I
- ThomasNet.com Industry Market Trends – Small Business Time Management Tips
- Forbes – 25 Most Influential Women Tweeting About Entrepreneurship
- AllVoices – Some rural entrepreneurs find it hard to harvest business funding
- Technorati – Top 25 small business blogs globally
- Klout – Top Influencers on Small Business 2012, 2013
- del.icio.us – Hotlist
- del.icio.us – Popular
- Lifehacker – Start your small business
Guest Posts Around the Web:
Citizen’s Institute on Rural Design – Sorry I didn’t read your “rural is dying” article
- NFIB – Top 7 Survival Skills Any Business Can Learn from Small Town Businesses
- NFIB – 3 Essential Steps to Adding Another Line of Income to Your Business
- Locavesting – Spurring Rural Entrepreneurship: 8 Innovative Business Models That Don’t Break The Bank
- Marketing Profs – What Marketers Can Learn From Farmers
- Marketing Profs – The Liquor Store Model for Social Media Marketing Success
- GigaOm – Can You Be a Web Worker From a Small Town?
- ChrisBrogan.com – Social Media Starter Moves for Small Town Small Businesses
- Ragan – What communicators can learn from farmers: It goes beyond irrigation and crop rotation
- TEDxGympie, Australia – What is “rural”?
- Orton Family Foundation’s Cornerstones – Why Small Towns are Buzzing About Rural Creative Placemaking
- Orton Family Foundation’s Cornerstones – 6 Innovative Small Business Models in Small Towns
- Broadband for America – Broadband Gives “Small Town Rules” A Big City Perspective
- Tourism Currents – Healing the country through travel and tourism – what urban folks can do
- Tourism Currents – Healing the country through travel and tourism – what rural folks can do
- WebDancers – What Makes a Business Local?
- Successful Blog by Liz Strauss – Social Networking and a Small Town: Why Bother?
- Denise O’Berry – Natural Resources: The Next Wave of Opportunity for Entrepreneurs
- Citrix Online’s Workshifting – Workshifting from a Small Town
- Shift Your Shopping – Weekly tips for retailers to get the most out of Shift Your Shopping
- LogMeIn – Offer free resources the right way
- Small Business Bonfire – Six Steps to Stop Giving Away Too Much for Free
- AgChat Foundation – Social Media Time Management for Farmers and Ranchers
- BlogWorld – Big Cities and Small Towns
- Urban Escapee – Small Town Rules Apply Everywhere, Right?
- Firefly Coaching – 6 Ways to Succeed with Social Media by Pretending You’re a Small Town Business
- Work It. Mom! – 14 Tips for Really Rural Entrepreneurs with Aliza Sherman
- 300 Words a Day – While walking along a wheat field
- Small Business Oklahoma – How to Find Help for Your Small Business in Oklahoma
- Skift – Every Small Town’s Tourism Strategy Should Include Free Wi-Fi and Workspaces
- West Virginia Executive – Can Our Small Businesses Survive on 9 to 5?
Global Podcast interviews:
- Marketing Profs‘ Marketing Smarts with Matthew T. Grant
- Build Your Business Radio with Barbara Weltman
- Escape from Cubicle Nation with Pam Slim
- The Human Business Way with Chris Brogan
- Building Strong Cafes, Restaurants & Bars in Small Towns Profitable Hospitality with Ken Burgin, Australia
- Changing the Arc of a Small Town with 9 Clouds Digital Homesteading with Scott Meyer
- Small Town Rules: An interview with Becky McCray with Phil Gerbyshak
- What Marketers Can Learn from Rural Businesses Agents of Change with Rich Brooks
- Insights on eCommerce, Rural Businesses and Omni-Local with Becky McCray by BobDunn, WP eCommerce Show
- “Women, Wealth and Wow” with Becky McCray interviewed by Donna Maria, Indie Business Network
- Interview: Small Town Rules Fierce Loyalty with Sarah Robinson
- Small Town Rules Can Mean Success with Becky McCray with TBW
- Small Town Rules Prosper in Connected Economy Breakthrough Business with Michele Price
- Say It with Style with Nichole Bazemore and Sheila Scarborough
- Vaspers the Grate Presents with Steven Streight
- Push My Follow with Annie Boccio from 2008
- Biz Chicks Radio with Bonnie and Jill
- Bella Buzz Podcast with Desiree Scales and Joe Magennis
- This Week in Ag with John Blue and Nate Taylor
- Business Insanity Radio, Show 99 with Barry Moltz
- Business Insanity Radio, Show 97 with Barry Moltz
- The Bigg Success Show with George Krueger and Mary-Lynn Foster
- Des Walsh and Friends with Des Walsh, Australia
- User Friendly Thinking with Paul Cheney and John Munsell
- Entrepreneur People. Real Stories with Sherry Borzo, DSM Buzz
- The State of Small Business Marketing with Jay Ehret
- SOBCon 09 profile with Michelle Vandepas
- E-ret@iler with Tom Shay
- Becky McCray – Small Towns Rule! on Lounging with LannaLee
- Ep #3: Small Town Rules Can Mean Success with Becky McCray – Texas Business Woman
Global Blog Interviews and Mentions:
- Small Business Influencer, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
- 2013 Power Players in Technology Business Media
- What’s the Difference Between Building a Community and Building an Audience? by Matthew Grant, Marketing Profs Daily Fix
- Becky McCray, Stereotype Smasher of the Wild West, Klamath County Chamber of Commerce blog, by Chrystal Vaughan
- Taking the “Me” Out of Social Media by Scott Monty
- The Small Town Rules! Becky McCray talks to Searching Finance by Ashwin Rattan, UK
- 5 Inspirational Quotes from Marketing Experts by Amy Neely on the ReachLocal blog
- Small Town Opportunities by Eric Davison, Cornfield Confidential
- Travel is Still Fatal to Narrow-Mindedness by Sheila Scarborough, Perceptive Travel
- 20 Small Business Ideas for Small Towns by Dane Carlson
- Tiny but Mighty: Becky McCray Talks About the Power of Small Business by Pamela Wilson, Big Brand System
- 5 Secrets from a Profitable Start-Up business Quickbooks Online blog by Gretchin Harding, Intuit
- Do Startups Have to Start in Big Cities? by Thursday Bram
- Learn How to Build Your Community at Go Local, Grow Local Conference by Jeff Milchen, Stihl USA Blog
- Localist Resources: Books and Articles – Theory, Practice, and Philosophy at Radical Localism: The Localism Resource
- 100 Small Business Audio Podcasts at Small Business Trends Radio
- How to Meet the Needs of Your Rural Attendees at empowerMINT blog by DMAI – Destination Marketing Association International
- Re-working Work for Virtual Teams by WorkingPoint Blog
- 7 Enterprise Brand Lessons from Small Business Entrepreneurs Kuno Creative
- Turn Free Advice Into Clients by Thursday Bram at FreelanceSwitch
- 7 Influential and Inspiring Women Bloggers to Follow if You Run a Small Business, FastUpFront Small Business Blog
- On Thriving in a Small Town with Becky McCray by Kendra Kennison
- Small Town Rules, by Raul Colón, Puerto Rico
- 50 Must-Read IT Blogs 2012, by Ricky Ribeiro, BizTech Magazine
- How One NYC Restaurant Succeeds Using Small Town Rules by Keri Jaehnig
- Small Town Rules: How big brands and small businesses can prosper in a connected economy by Ben Smith, Social IRL
- Book Review: Small Town Rules by James Dalman
- 30 Brilliant Bloggers Talk About Landing Pages by Allison Boyer, BlogWorld
- 12 Fascinating Women Discussing Rural+Urban, by Urban Escapee
- Small Town Business Survival Tips Offers Great Business Suggestions by Melissa Gasnick-Cloeter
- 7 Enterprise Brand Lessons from Small Business Entrepreneurs by Carole Mahoney, Kuno Creative
- Des blogs sur l’entrepreneuriat d’ici et d’ailleurs by C-Marketing, Belgium
- Inns, Two great ideas to get your locals on board with your advertising plus a bonus by Heather Turner, Chef Forfeng’s weblog
- Small Town Rules by Reiva Lesonsky, Small Biz Daily
- Online Marketing: What Should Small Business Owners Focus on in 2012? by Doug Stewart, Power to Fight the Big Boys
- Rural geeks, you are not alone. Here is your tribe…. by Sheila Scarborough, Sheila’s Guide to the Good Stuff
- New tools to promote small business, Written in Concrete
- Is your small town experience a business asset? Written in Concrete
- Small Town Rules – Dennis Deery
- What can you learn from a small town? by Drew McLellan: Drew’s Marketing Minute
- Niche Marketing Strategy Must Haves by Heidi Cohen
- When you have to eat what you kill, you learn extremely fast by Edward Wedler, Creative Rural, Canada
- Top Woman Entrepreneurs to Follow on Twitter by Allison Canty, Grasshopper Blog
- What keeps Becky McCray coming back to #SOBCon? by Phil Gerbyshack
- Small Business #4 by Deanne Fitzpatrick, HookingRugs
- Top 100 Influencers in Social Media by Bonnie, Social Technology Review
- Scenes from the Geekfest at SXSW Interactive, by L.A. Lorek, Daily Finance, AOL.com
- Social Media Case Studies by Des Walsh, Australia
- A Real Entrepreneur with Deb Brown
- Strong Female Entreprenerus to Follow on Twitter, Women 2.0
- Business networking advice by Josh Hinds
- Top 7 Small Business Trends in 2012 for Frugal Entrepreneurs, by Adam Gottlieb, Frugal Entrepreneur
- Entrepreneurship Interviews with Cristian Dorobantescu, Romania
- Challenges for Rural Retail by Erik Pages, EntreWorks Consulting
- Making buy local work by Terrific Trading Retail Insights, Australia
- Top 100 Small Business Blogs on the Planet – ranked in the top 10
- Top 25 Blogs For Small Business Owners in 2014, Best Small Business Blogs of 2015, 2016
- The Best Local Marketing Blogs to Read in 2013 – Bplans
- Top Daily Must-Reads for Every Small Business Owner – NFIB
- 50 Small Business Blogs to Watch – Infusionsoft
- 24 Must-Read Blogs for Entrepreneurs – Business Insider
- Top 25 Upcoming Small Business Blogs to follow for 2012
- 20 Blogs Every Entrepreneur Should Read 2011 – Business Insider
- 20 Blogs Every Entrepreneur Should Read 2010 – Business Insider
Print Book Co-author
Small Town Rules: How Big Brands and Small Businesses Can Prosper in a Connected Economy, by Barry J. Moltz and Becky McCray, 2012, published by Que/Pearson Publishing Company
- Winner, Small Business Book Awards 2013
- Winner, NFIB’s Best Small Business Books Published in 2012
Contributor to Print Books
- Small Town Economic Development: Reports on Growth Strategies in Practice, contributed “How to Market a Small Town,” editors Joaquin Jay Gonzalez III, Ph.D.; Roger L. Kemp, Ph.D., ICMA-CM and Jonathan Rosenthal, MPA, AICP; expected spring/summer 2017, published by McFarland & Company
- The Age of Conversation 2: Why Don’t They Get It? Editors Gavin Heaton and Drew McLellan, 2009
Mentioned or featured in additional print books
- Navigating Social Media: A Field Guide by Scott Meyer, 2013, published by 9 Clouds Publishing
- Social Media Commerce for Dummies by Marsha Collier, 2012, published by For Dummies/John Wiley & Sons
- Small Business Management in the 21st Century, by David T. Cadden Ph.D. and Sandra L. Lueder Ph.D., 2012, published by Flat World Knowledge
- The Ultimate Online Customer Service Guide: How to Connect with your Customers to Sell More! by Marsha Collier, 2011, published by John Wiley & Sons
- What No One Ever Tells You About Blogging and Podcasting: Real-Life Advice from 101 People Who Successfully Leverage the Power of the Blogosphere, featured in “Positioning Yourself as an Expert,” by Ted Demopolous, 2006, published by Kaplan Business
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2015: What small town people see as their biggest challenges and what topics they most want help with, by Becky McCray, 2015, published by Small Biz Survival
- Small Town Business 2014: Trends in rural and small town business, by Becky McCray, 2014, published by Small Biz Survival
- Shop Local Campaigns for Small Towns: Getting beyond “Shop Local” to create better local shopping and a stronger local community, by Becky McCray, second edition 2014, published by Small Biz Survival
- Shop Local Campaigns for Small Towns, by Becky McCray, first edition 2009, published by Small Biz Survival
- 20 Small Business Ideas for Small Towns: Plus seven ways to make your own ideas by Becky McCray, 2008, published by Small Biz Survival
Mentioned in or contributed to additional eBooks
- Bringing Back Main Street: A Guide to Downtown Revitalization for Local Governments, 2015, published by Houston-Galveston Area Council
- The Entrepreneur’s Playbook, Fourth Edition, 2015, by Ted Liebowitz
- Bruce County Business Attraction Strategy: Focus on Kincardine and Wiarton, 2014, executive summary and action plan by Tenzing
- Embracing Twitter …so it’ll embrace you back: An Advice Handbook for the Wary, 2011, edited by Ben Henick and Justin McCullough, published by Turning Minds Media, Inc.
- 137 Twitter Tips: How Small Businesses Get The Most From Twitter, 2009, edited by Anita Campbell, published by Small Business Trends
- 100 Green Small Business Tips, 2009, edited by Anita Campbell, published by Small Business Trends
Cited in international academic, research and university publications
- Rural Town Development: A Case Study of Gort, County Galway, National University of Ireland, Galway, School of Geography and Archaeology, dissertation by Christopher Fahey, 2016
- Creative Uses for Downtown Buildings in Small Towns, University of Wisconsin Extension and Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation, Bill Ryan, Emily Lutz, and Melissa Kono of UW-Extension, working with Errin Welty of WEDC, 2016
- Their Needs and Thoughts: Results of the Fifth Biennial Small Business Needs Assessment, Center for Rural Affairs’ Rural Enterprise Assistance Project, by Dena R. Beck, 2016
- Conversations for Communities, University of North Dakota Center for Community Engagement, Spring 2015, Issue 10
- Is pop-up business retail here to stay? Michigan State University Extension, Andy Northrop, 2014
- Main Street Revitalization Effort for the Village of Union, Nebraska, Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas, report by Taylor A. Cox, 2013
- Social Media & The Entrepreneur, Indiana University – Bloomington, research and report by Dominique Black, Matthew Cheng, and John Sibo, 2012
- Resources for Creativity & Innovation in Education, Northwestern Oklahoma State University, Northwestern Creativity Project, Compiled by Rodney C. Murrow, Ph.D. and Shawn Holliday, Ph.D.
- Upcoming events with Becky McCray! Oklahoma Extension Development Resources, by Dave Shideler, Ph.D.