Videos of my presentations:
- Social Media Tulsa Keynote 2013 highlights, “Small Town Rules” – 10 minutes
- SmallTown2012 State of Now, “Do Small Towns Have a Future?” – 10 minutes
- TEDxGympie, Australia: Innovation in Rural Communities, “Do small towns and rural communities have a future?” – 8 minutes, via remote video
- State of Now NYC, “Imagine You Own a Liquor Store in a Small Town” – 9 minutes
- 140 Conference SmallTown, “Why Small Towns Need Social Media” – 6 minutes
- Social Media Tulsa Keynote 2012, “The Small Town Secret to Social Media” – 43 minutes
- SXSW, “The Whole World is Like a Small Town: Lessons From Rural Entrepreneurs”
- Part 1: Why Small Towns are Relevant To Everyone Today - 6 minutes
- Part 2: Society Is Trending to Small and Local - 8 minutes
- Small Town Secrets to Building Community Online - 5 minutes
- Social Media Breakfast at South by Southwest, “How Social Media and Business Thrive in Rural America” – 10 minutes
Get a better feel for my style as a speaker, both prepared and impromptu, through these extra media clips.
Broadcast and Online Interviews:
- Oklahoma Horizon TV:
- Cody Talks Live Radio (KSKU radio) with Cody Heitschmidt
- The Pulse on Marketing: Marketing Lessons from Farmers
- Kitchen Table Talks with Chris Brogan and Joe Sorge: excerpt: Small Town Rules
- Watch.tv Spotlight with C.C. Chapman: Business Entrepreneur and Author Becky McCray
- Intrepid TV Podcast: Why Your Business Needs to Adopt Small Town Rules
- Social Media Tulsa conference interview
- Simplified Marketing Plans with David Austin, Bartlesville (OK) Marketing and Communications Association
Print Media Mentions, Podcasts and Other Writings
For a different dimension, check out my written works, podcasts and some of my mentions from print media like The New York Times, Entrepreneur magazine, U.S. News and even the High Plains Journal on the Writings page.
- Entrepreneur Magazine -
- Inc.com -
- CNBC - Rural Main Street On Its Way Up
- BusinessWeek - Shop Local: Authenticity as a Key Holiday Promotion
- US News - Entrepreneurs in a Twitter About Social Networking Sites
- The New York Times - Marketing Small Businesses with Twitter
- Washington Post - Your Talent on a Card
- High Plains Journal - Conference shares small-town ideas in 10 minutes and 140 characters or less
- Marketing Smarts from Marketing Profs - Small Town Rules: Author Becky McCray on Marketing Smarts with Matthew T. Grant
- Build Your Business Radio with Barbara Weltman
- Escape from Cubicle Nation with Pam Slim
- The Human Business Way with Chris Brogan
- 7 Minute Smarketer with Brian Blake
Because of my unusual focus on rural business, I’ve been quoted or mentioned as an expert on some widely diverse sites, including American Express Open Forum, Farm Bureau’s Rural Community Building, the Points of Light Institute, U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s Free Enterprise, NFIB, Ragan.com,Travel Market Report, Community Development Society’s Vanguard, and ThomasNet.com Industry Market Trends, Intuit’s Small Business Blog, the Visa Business Network, GigaOm, ChrisBrogan.com, and Marketing Profs.
Let me know what you need through the contact form.
Or see where I’ll be speaking next on the Appearances page.