My 2012 speaking appearances included:
- Lower Colorado River Authority (LCRA) , Texas: economic development forum: New Year, New Jobs: Growing Local Companies and Supporting Entrepreneurs. Keynote speaker. February 28-29.
- Gilford Flooring – Indiana. Speaker on social media for small town retail businesses. March 9.
- Social Media Tulsa Conference. Preview of Small Town Rules. Keynote speaker. March 15-16.
- Blogs: An Integral Part of an Economic Development Marketing Strategy. Webinar by Blane, Canada, Ltd., and Pro Learning Laboratory. March 22.
- Michigan Small Town and Rural Development Conference: Keynote speaker on Small Town Rules. Thompsonville, MI. April 16-18.
BlogWorld Expo New York. Speaker on “Small Town Rules” with Barry Moltz. Member of panel on “Travel the World with Your Blog or Podcast” with Sheila Scarborough, Mark Tafoya and Jennifer Iannolo. June 5-7.
- Motherlode Innovation Summit on Technology, Sonora, California. “The Small Town Style Online” via recorded video. June 6.
- State of NOW: 140 Characters Conference Global, NYC. Co-host. Speaker on Small Towns Rules. Member of panel on “Bringing #140conf to Your Town” with Anthony Rotolo, Deb Brown, Jeff Pulver and Julia Rosien. June 19-20.
- Social Media Day, Wichita, Kansas. Special Guest, speaker on State of Now/140 Conference. June 30.
- Bartlesville Marketing Communication Association, Bartlesville, Oklahoma. Speaker on Small Town Rules, via live video. August 9.
- Texas Association of Convention and Visitor Bureaus, Kileen, Texas. Speaker on “Fitting Social Media into Your Workflow” with Sheila Scarborough. August 16.
- Hutchinson Social Media Club, Hutchinson, Kansas. Speaker on State of NOW. August 20.
- Social Media Breakfast Maine, Portland. Speaker on “The Return of Small Town Business.” August 24.
- AMAOKC, American Marketing Association Oklahoma City, speaker on “How Big Brands and Small Businesses are Thinking and Acting Small”. October 11.
- TEDxGympie, Queensland, Australia: Innovation in Rural Communities. Speaker on “Do small towns have a future?” via recorded video. October 23.
- Social:IRL, Lawrence, Kansas. “An Evening with Becky McCray.” October 25.
- State of NOW: 140 Characters Conference SmallTown, Hutchinson, Kansas. Co-hosted with Deb Brown. November 8.